Saturday, November 26, 2011

The A-Z's of Sarah (aka A Lil Bit 'bout Me)

I saw this post on Squeaky Books and thought it might be fun to do. If you want to as well, be sure to leave a link in the comments!

Age: clinging to my twenties for two more weeks! (Told you I was too old for the books I read :)

Bed Size: King...best decision I ever made. It's a marriage saver for people with personal space issues.

Chore you Hate: Ummm...all of them. Most hated? Probably ironing or mopping. Or dishes. Or putting up laundry. We just came back round to "all of them" didnt' we?

Dogs: I have a three month old Pom named Emma and a rat terrier named Tommy.

Essential Start to the Day: Breakfast. I can't skip it, or I'll have to eat my own arm by about 10:00 a.m.

Favorite Colors: To wear, greens and purples and blues. Just in general, red.

Gold or Silver?: Both.

Height: 5'8''

Instruments I Play: None now, but at one time piano and flute.

Job title: "MOM!!!" (and I guess freelance newspaper columnist, but not really....)

Kids: Two boys. They're very smelly, very loud, very much my heart and soul.

Live: In the deep South. Y'all.

Overnight hospital stays: Just when I had my kids

Pet Peeves: I got this from my mother. When people say, "I seen..." She harped on it so much when I was a kid, it kind of drives me crazy now, too.

Quote from a Movie:  "Well...What are you waiting for???"
                                  "I dunno. Something amazing, I guess."--From The Incredibles

Right or left handed: Left

Siblings: A brother 19 years older and a sister 17 years older than me. Same parents. I was a surprise!

Time I Wake up: six freaking thirty-five. If the alarm doesn't do it, the kids will.

Underwear: Yes

Vegetable you hate: Celery

What makes you run late?: I'm hardly ever late, but if I am it's because I got distracted while getting ready.

X-rays: All I can think of right now is a sinus xray. Kinda boring, huh?

Yummy food I make: This is going to sound braggy, but I make lots of good stuff. I'm a Southern housewife, descended from a looonnnnggg line of Southern housewives. We give unsolicited advice, we say "bless her heart" when we want to talk ugly about someone, and we cook. With butter. And bacon grease. And it's awesome. That's my heritage. :)

Zoo animals: Lions. I have a friend who says looking into a lion's eyes is what she hopes seeing the face of God  will be like. They're regal. And they remind me of Aslan. :)
*I didn't forget M and N...they just weren't on the list. I did forget several others the first time...or times, I should say. Making lists is hard with kids hollering in the background!*





sarah

1 comment:

  1. LOL - Loved your answer to the "Yummy Food I Make" question. I'm not sure if I quite know what Southern cuisine is, but I'm with you on the butter and bacon. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Web Design by Poppies Blooming, London, UK 2012
Back to TOP