Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Warning: Fangirl gushing ahead

Review: "Time Mends" by Tammy Blackwell


                                                           (Book 2, Timber Wolves Series)


When I first got my Kindle, I was looking for a cheap, fun YA book to read while on a roadtrip. I stumbled across Destiny Binds by Tammy Blackwell and thought, "What the heck....for 99 cents I don't have much to lose."


It turned out to be one of my favorite books of 2011. The funny. The snark. The werewolf. The romance. Le sigh. Loved it.
And yes, I  blog-stalked Miss Blackwell shamelessly to see when book two, Time Mends, would be released.
It came out yesterday, and I wolfed it down (I'm so sorry...The punning is totally involuntary) in just a few hours.
And I'm STILL kind of freaking out about it, y'all.
Because here's the thing: I read a lot of YA paranormals/romances/fantasies and there's usually a pattern. You can kind of guess what's coming. I don't mind that. Peoples may say it's formulaic, but I once read that "formula" is just another word for "recipe" and no one every hates on recipes, you know?
But man alive, I did NOT know where Time Mends was going AT ALL. And I loved that. Even though Blackwell ripped my heart out and let coyotes chew it to bits, I still loved this book.

I had this whole post full of spoilers written and my seriously crappy WiFi service decided I'd had enough internet time and caused me to lose it all. I decided it was a sign...I'd hate to ruin it for someone who hasn't read the book. Just be sure to come by and comment when you finish Time Mends so we can be all, ""I KNOW!!!" together, please! :)




sarah

3 comments:

  1. I had never heard of this book. It's now on my to-read list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you know, my coyotes do get hungry and the hearts of book lovers taste the absolute best... ;)

    I'm glad you enjoyed it & am really happy I was able to throw some surprises in there for you! (Honestly, a few of them surprised me. I mean, that thing that one woman did there at the end in that room in front of those other people? What the crap was that?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you've officially convinced me put these on my wishlist!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Web Design by Poppies Blooming, London, UK 2012
Back to TOP