Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #2: "Clockwork Princess" by Cassandra Clare


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine. It features each blogger’s most anticipated books.


Summary from Amazon:

Danger intensifies for the Shadowhunters as the New York Times bestselling Infernal Devices trilogy comes to a close. If the only way to save the world was to destroy what you loved most, would you do it? The clock is ticking. Everyone must choose. Passion. Power. Secrets. Enchantment. Danger closes in around the Shadowhunters in the final installment of the bestselling Infernal Devices trilogy.
Release Date: March 19, 2013




Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3)



I haven't written reviews for the first two books in The Infernal Devices series (Clockwork Angel and Clockwork Prince) yet. I read Clockwork Prince when we were in Ukraine, before I started blogging again. But anyone who knows me has probably heard me talk about this series, harass them to read this series, speculate about the outcome of this series, and generally fan girl all over the place about it.

I'm anxiously awaiting Clockwork Princess, but at the same time, I kind of dread it. Why?
 Because Cassandra Clare has made me adore two characters who are in love with the same girl. Normally, I am NOT a love triangle fan. In fact, the vast majority of the time, they make me angry.

Super angry.

But both Jem Carstairs and Will Herondale are so well- written and human and heartbreaking, I just want them both to be happy. And I like Tessa as a heroine in this series.  I want to know what her origin story is at long last. What IS she, anyway?   What's the deal with her angel necklace? There are so many unanswered questions.
But I am predicting Dickensian levels of tragedy in this book.
This can not end well, people. I do hope I'm wrong though!



sarah

8 comments:

  1. I also wonder about the true identity of Tessa. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! I seriously cant wait for this book!!! I love this series so much! :)

    My WoW

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm Clockwork Angel and Clockwork Prince have both been sitting on my shelves for awhile. I haven't decided if I want to start them. Are they better than City of Bones?

    Anyway I'm a new follower :) Check out my blog? http://bookblondes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not fond of love triangles either but it's kinda impossible not to fall in love with Will and Jem - most especially Jem. ;) And yes, I think you're right, tragedy will most definitely occur.

    I'm a new follower by the way. Great blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The book is definitely on my to-read list and I can't wait to get my hands on it. The books so far were great and I really want to read this one. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually haven't read this series, but it sounds good. I need to check it out!! Thanks for stopping by. New follower. =)

    ntzee @ MaybeThisBook

    ReplyDelete
  7. This love triangle is meant to break many, many hearts - not only its characters's hearts, but ours too! I'm really afraid of its ending, but nonetheless I can't help myself - I just want to read this sooooo badly! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. You totally got in! You'll be able to do any tour you like, as long as the author doesn't specify a quality that you need to meet. (Such as, over 150 followers, whatever.)

    Also, I totally can't wait for Clockwork Princess! My poison is Will. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Web Design by Poppies Blooming, London, UK 2012
Back to TOP