Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #3: The Madness Underneath (Shades of London 2) by Maureen Johnson



Summary:
After her near-fatal run-in with the Jack the Ripper copycat, Rory Devereaux has been living in Bristol under the close watch of her parents. So when her therapist suddenly suggests she return to Wexford, Rory jumps at the chance to get back to her friends. But Rory’s brush with the Ripper touched her more than she thought possible: she’s become a human terminus, with the power to eliminate ghosts on contact. She soon finds out that the Shades—the city’s secret ghost-fighting police—are responsible for her return. The Ripper may be gone, but now there is a string of new inexplicable deaths threatening London. Rory has evidence that the deaths are no coincidence. Something much more sinister is going on, and now she must convince the squad to listen to her before it’s too late.
In this follow-up to the Edgar Award-nominated THE NAME OF THE STAR, Maureen Johnson adds another layer of spectacularly gruesome details to the streets of London that will keep you on the edge of your seat until the very end.

I just finished "The Name of the Star" (here's the review ) And I really enjoyed it. It didn't end on a cliffhanger, which was nice for a change. But Johnson did set up a new book on the last pages.
So a little Googling turned up the next in the series and it comes out Feb. 26, 2013

The Madness Underneath: Book 2 (The Shades of London)
Amazon has this cover, and I'm not sure if the top one is UK and this one is US or what??
 A little research would clear this up, but I've got a toddler taking a nap and I really, really need to be doing laundry right now. But the lure of book blogging, it is irresistible!
 I'm not totally crazy about either cover really, but both are better than the cover of The Name of the Star, in my opinion.

Also: I want that lipstick the girl on the top cover is wearing.

Click Here to See my SNAZZY NEW BLOG/100 FOLLOWERS GIVEAWAY!! :)



sarah

6 comments:

  1. I had no idea that the 2nd one to Shades of London was close to release. I liked but wasn't blown away by the first one, but I have a hard time not finishing a series.

    New follower! Check out my WOW.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pick looks very interesting. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Im officially a follower now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really looking forward to reading this one. I really enjoyed The Name of the Star... Amazing pick..


    Jenea @ Books Live Forever

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to The Madness Underneath as well. :)

    Here's my WOW!

    xo,
    JL
    Between the Bind

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited for this sequel! Who wouldn't want to read more from Maureen Johnson. Great pick!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm need to read a Maureen Johnson book! I love all of these covers, probably the second one slightly better though. Thanks for stopping by my blog, new follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Web Design by Poppies Blooming, London, UK 2012
Back to TOP