Wednesday, October 3, 2012

"Waiting On"Wednesday #1: Reached by Ally Condie

"Waiting on" Wednesday #1




Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine. It features each blogger’s most anticipated books.


This is my first Waiting On Wednesday and I am so excited for Reached, by Ally Condie!

It comes out November 13




"Cassia faces the ultimate choices in the long-anticipated conclusion to the "New York Times" bestselling Matched Trilogy
After leaving Society and desperately searching for the Rising--and each other--Cassia and Ky have found what they were looking for, but at the cost of losing each other yet again: Cassia has been assigned to work for the Rising from within Society, while Ky has been stationed outside its borders. But nothing is as predicted, and all too soon the veil lifts and things shift once again.
In this gripping conclusion to the #1 "New York Times" bestselling Matched Trilogy, Cassia will reconcile the difficulties of challenging a life too confining, seeking a freedom she never dreamed possible, and honoring a love she cannot live without."
This is the final book of the series and I am wondering how it will end. We learned so much more about Cassia's world in the last book, and some pretty surprising things about Xander and Ky. And if you're unsure about dystopian settings, this is a good one to ease into that subgenre with because it's been a very clean series without the violence and bloodshed a lot of dystopias have. 

And I, for one, really want to know if a particular poem will be featured this book. I had somehow missed 'Poem in October' by Dylan Thomas until Ky gave Cassia a piece of it for her birthday in the first book. I fell in love. (You don't have to be a poetry buff to like these books though...but if you are, you may swoon a little bit.)
Both "Matched" (book 1) and "Crossed" (book 2) had a couple of poems that figured prominently.

And y'all, I know a decent blogger would link to her reviews of those books she just mentioned but I'm STINK at this and also: Macs confuse me. I'm using my mom's Mac while she visits with Sassy Pants (my little girl's very appropriate nickname) and it's like a hotel bed: shaped like what I have at home, but totally unfamiliar in every other way and uncomfortable!

EDIT: People, look...I have links!
My review of MATCHED by Ally Condie
and My review of CROSSED by Ally Condie





4 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by :)

    I still need to read Crossed - its sitting on my shelf - cant believe I've had it so long (I bought it when it first came out!) that book three is nearly here and I still haven't picked it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I STILL need to read Matched! I know, right? What am I waiting for? I hope to get to it by the end of the year, then maybe I'll add the next two books to my wishlist. :) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Crossed sitting on my shelf and have really got to make the time to read it, I love the simplistic covers for the entire series. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to read this series....i think i will wait until this comes out and then start with Crossed and read them back to back :) x Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete

Web Design by Poppies Blooming, London, UK 2012
Back to TOP