Friday, November 2, 2012

Feature and Follower Friday: Dealbreakers




Feature and Follower Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Alison Can Read and Parajunkee where book bloggers gain new followers and answer a bookish question. This week's topic for discussion:

Q: What is a deal breaker for you in a book? For example, do you abhor love triangles? Or can't deal with bad editing?

A: I don't like books with profanity and strong sexual content. It's part of my religion, and just who I am. I realize other readers don't have this issue, but I no longer feel the need to apologize for it like I used to. So now when people say things like, "Oh, my goodness, you have GOT to read 50 Shades" I just tell them no thanks, that's not my kind of book. :) And I always appreciate when a review also has a bit about the content, so I can know if it's going to be something I want to read or not.



**NOTICE THE BUTTON AT THE RIGHT OF MY HEADER?? I STILL HAVE A GIVEAWAY GOING FOR "CINDER" BY MARISSA MEYER IF YOU WANT TO CLICK IT AND ENTER!!**



sarah

8 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of the heavy romance either. I can handle some and enjoy it. But when it's over the top I usually pass on the book as well.

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely do not need to apologize for that. This is a particularly annoying thing in YA books. I can understand it in Adult books, but YA seems inappropriate.

    new follower. Here's my FF:
    http://booksojourner.blogspot.com/2012/11/feature-follow-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Understandable. It doesn't bother me at all, but I agree that a bit of warning should be available to let readers know what sort of things it will include.
    And vulgarity aside, you definitely aren't missing anything by not reading 50 shades of grey. The story wasn't very good at all.
    thanks for stopping by and following! Following you via GFC.
    megan @ love, literature, art, and reason

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make a good point. I dont have an issue with adult content or profanity, but its not for everyone and i think i need to start putting that into my reviews. 50 shades is terrible, whether you read that sort of thing or not. You arent missing anything there! lol
    My FF
    New follower via GFC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though I do not have the same feelings I can see exactly where you are coming from! But if we were all the same the world would be a very boring place. Great answers!

    New Follower via GFC. Would love for you to stop by my blog and check it out. :)

    Christine
    Rainy Day Reads
    www.rainydayreads.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you stay true to your values. I'm one of those who doesn't mind, but I completely respect your views. :) And you should NEVER apologize for them. *Old follower*

    Thank you for stopping by Between the Bind!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course you don't have to apologize for staying true to your beliefs! I don't really mind profanity and sexual content as long as it adds to the book, I just don't think it makes for enjoyable reading.
    Thanks for stopping by and following my blog, I’ve returned the favor :)
    Katie @ Fiction Predictions

    ReplyDelete

Web Design by Poppies Blooming, London, UK 2012
Back to TOP